Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Would you turn a loved-one in?

Last night, while watching "Dog: The Bounty Hunter", Jennifer raised an interesting question. Seeing the families of the fugitives hide their loved-ones, Jennifer asked if I would turn her in if Dog was looking for her. I said I would. She said she would not turn me in. This resulted in friendly debate.

She admitted there is a double standard in her mind - she would turn in most people except for certain friends and family. She said it's a matter of loyalty. I said it's a matter of laws.

In my opinion, no one should be above the law...if you do the crime, you should do the time - no matter who you are.

That being said, I wouldn't immediate call the police and report it...I'd try to convince the person that they should turn themselves in.

What do you think?

No comments: